MAWSON’S HUTS REPLICA MUSEUM
The Museum was built to raise funds for the ongoing conservation of the historic buildings at Cape Denison which were used as the main base for the 1911-14 Australasian Antarctic Expedition (AAE). Standing on the Hobart waterfront just 200 metres from where Mawson’s expedition departed from in 1911, the Replica also serves as an educational facility and promotes the legacy of the AAE.
It is a replica in every sense of the word. Heritage carpenters, who worked at Cape Denison on the conservation of the huts, took hundreds of photographs and measurements which were faithfully used to create the replica.
Opening Hours: 7 Days, 10am-3pm
(During covid restrictions please check with the operators regarding alternative opening hours)
Morrison St & Argyle Street, Hobart TAS 7000